Acer Aspire E1-531 No Power ~ Basic Hardware Tips And Tricks

Followers

Saturday, April 13, 2019

Acer Aspire E1-531 No Power

I received this Acer Aspire E1-531 from co-tech from Asingan, Pangasinan, comes with no power. The very first thing I checked was if the unit is shorted. I set my 30V power supply to 19V and connect it to the unit, and found out that it's 19V shortage to ground. See picture below.


Almost 1 ampere rating, means there is a short to ground. The 19V line was shorted to ground.

I disassembled the laptop and slowly and carefully saw over my microscope the corroded parts especially capacitors. I saw suspected shorted 3 caps near battery terminal. I removed them one by one and checked but all three are good.  I look at the area near lcd flex connector terminal, I saw 2 suspected caps. I carefully removed them and checked! Viola! One of them was shorted. Got Yah!
After removing the shorted capacitor, the laptop came back to life :)

For info, i didn't replace the bad caps. I just remove it.






now fully working


Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Trending Hot Topics

Featured Posts

Interesting Topics

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Follow Us