How To Repair Toshiba Satellite C850 No Power ~ Basic Hardware Tips And Tricks

Followers

Friday, December 21, 2018

How To Repair Toshiba Satellite C850 No Power

I received this Toshiba Satellite C850 with no power, no light indicator. First I connected to 19v power supply to see the current reading. The current reading is zero. Even if I press power on there's no reaction on current.

I disassemble the unit, and check the board if it has a water spill. There's no water spill. I decided to perform voltage checking. I connected the 19v power supply and check the charging flex if there's a 19v coming. There it is. I then check the current sensing resistor if there's a 19v coming, but I only measured zero volt. What came to my mind was maybe 1 of the MOSFETS is deffective.

I measured voltage on the drain of the first MOSFET, there's a 19v. But when I measured its SOURCE, the voltage was almost zero. I doubt that the second MOSFET was deffective. I first measured the resistance of the first MOSFET, and it was good. I then measured the resistance of the 2nd MOSFET, and guess what I have found..... The second MOSFET was shorted!

To make it sure, I remove the second MOSFET. Then voltage check again on the SOURCE of the first MOSFET. There's now a 19v. Confirmed! The second MOSFET was the culprit. And it's an N-Channel MOSFET. After replacing it, the problem was solved.



TESTING

DONE

Share:

4 comments:

  1. what are the mosfet numbers.. plz help.. I also have the same problem..

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are 2 type of mosfet.. n-type and p-type... you must determine what's your mosfet type.... there is no problem with mosfet part number...

    ReplyDelete
  3. great site.keep the laptop repair articles coming.

    useful to me in uk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How are you I have a laptop with the same problem.
    I was trying to check the MOSFET if 19 volts is coming the lights started blinking I removed my tester.

    ReplyDelete

Trending Hot Topics

Featured Posts

Interesting Topics

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Follow Us