Repairing Shorted Samsung SM-T231(No Power) ~ Basic Hardware Tips And Tricks

Followers

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Repairing Shorted Samsung SM-T231(No Power)

When I am repairing a unit with shorted board, I always connect it to power supply. There are 3 things I must check. (1) If it is full shorted. That the power supply will show zero reading. (2) If it is half-short(that's what i call it). That the power supply will not go to zero reading but it has high ampere reading. (3) If it has s small short. That the power supply will not go to zero reading but it has very low ampere reading. These are my own description.

I repaired this Samsung tablet with model number SM-T231 in just a few minutes. I only got hard time in dismantling the tablet because its very hard.

And after  dismantling the tablet and found out that its board has a shorted board. I checked it on my analog tester and it has zero reading.

I connected my digital power supply alligator clip positive to the positive terminal of the tablet, with respect to negative. It has a high ampere rating. And if it has  high ampere rating what I used to do it to put my fingers on each of the components on the board, most especially the capacitors. You know why? The deffective component/s will get heat! And like what I have expected, one capacitor heats up. I quicktly determine what component is deffective. Just see the picture below. As I have expected, CAPACITOR!







After removing the capacitor, shorted reading is gone. Ans the tablet can power on now. :)
Share:

9 comments:

  1. hello sir. . to power up SM-t231 in to remove the capacitor? not to replace it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ano ba status ng unit mo sir? shorted ba yung board nya? try mu alisin capacitor, then check mo kung shorted pa rin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sir hnd ko pa na chck masyado. . peo na open ko na ang unit! pag cha-charge ko na unit pinakita mu na capacitor umiinit. . ta try ko boss kung gagana yung sabi mu na remove ang capacitor. . . tatanggalin lang ba yun sir?

      Delete
  3. Samsung t 231 Reality in the water cleaned Albordh engages and Vagif Samsung even Tvi Altab and went charging battery Alama appear and shipping

    ReplyDelete
  4. sm t231 display not showing problem

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ecncounter with the same problem I just to ask if what kind of capacitor (volts)do i need to replace ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do smd capacitors have polarity,how do i determine when replacing

    ReplyDelete

Trending Hot Topics

Featured Posts

Interesting Topics

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Follow Us